Thursday, April 12, 2012

We Can All Agree On Some Things.

I think since we're all here, and honest, it's good to be wasting your time learning about something that's practical.  You know, not judging models without their photoshop.  Which, by the way, is the latest most repulsive trend I've seen on the interwarbs....and I think I've seen a good amount of crap.

Anyway, so since Seth and I got married, I have been so thankful because we were showered with gifts from our family and friends.  I went to Target the other day, with gift cards in hand, and invested in a vacuum.  Prepare for the remainder of this post to be completely docile and domesticated.  (Something I've always fought.)


 I walk over to the DOMESTIC CHORE section of this store...

 And please make no mistake, I really don't enjoy 
being in an environment that encourages impulsive 
purchases.  I feel so bad watching families walk 
out of there with HAULS of JUNK that will just be a
 burden on their children to throw away after they pass.

Was that too abrasive?  I'll back off.  Either way, I found the vacuum cleaners and realized there were 3 hierarchies.

 Crap.  Pretty Crap.  and Not Really German.

 I instantly got to the Google machine and researched reviews and price matched, I'd be paying $20 too much to go ahead and purchase the Not Really German.  And, here we are, I'm going to do a full report.

I purchased the $100.00 Electrolux. ($75 or something on Amazon)

Pros: 

  • Easy to maneuver.
  • You can hold a gin and tonic while you vacuum your entire house, depending on how fast you drink.
  • It easily comes apart the "main frame" and you can use the "brain" of the vacuum to hit your random small spaces, ie) the back of the truck, after the neighbor's dog gets off your couch, or to freak out your husband after he fell asleep to The Andy Griffith Show.
  • Very simple to clean 
  • It probably weighs about 2 lbs.  I think a beer is heavier.  Maybe 2.  
  • And, oh yeah, it really sucks, too.  Legit- I mean, it's no industrial grade bidness you see at those sketchy car washes, but it'll definitely keep your small house cleaner than your crappy broom.
Cons:
You're cleaning.
You're not on the beach.



See? I'm cleaning the truck.  With a GnT.  NBD, G.  
We spend almost every day on or near the beach.  It's a bear keeping the sand out.

Broke the little part out and handled the back seat like a CHAMP.  No need to visit that sketchy car washing joint down the street.  I know my vacuum has never had to suck up crack rock or human fingers before.



Hope this was helpful.  If you end up buying one, let me know.  It really could be a decent investment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What?