Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Gets a Little Violent!

Living here, in Almost Mexico, TX, I've learned several Mexican traditions.  No, silly, not just tacos and burritos at every occasion, but confetti eggs!  Each year for Easter, you can just poke a thumb size hole in the bottom of your eggs, dry them out, and then dye them.  Once they're all dried out, you pour paper confetti in them and then seal them shut with a piece of tissue paper over the opening.  Cute, huh?  Brilliant?  I think so, too.

Martin got egged on the head.  Don't worry, it doesn't hurt.  

My Easter weekend rounded out nicely, and Seth and I spent the morning eating chocolate and watching the A-Team on Netflix.  I'm ok, with that.  Later that afternoon, I had obligations to go to a baby shower up in Port Aransas with a girlfriend of mine that I used to work with.  Pezzi and I met up and hit the beach, primero, claro.  Well, there we were.  Surrounded by friendly beach bums.  I was introduced to these confetti eggs and decided to have maximum fun with them.

I'm excited about bringing traditions like this back to NC.  This is how traditions travel, always, since the beginning of time.  I'd like to think I'm doing my part to spread the tradition-pollen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What?