Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Padre Island is my home now.

So Seffro and I moved in to the coolest, dopest pad EVAR on North Padre Island. We got stuck in the sand Friday on Packery Chanel. We were just looking for houses and I was staring at the GPS when I realize seth is throwing the suburban in reverse, then drive, then reverse, then drive again and we're not budging. Then he goes, "get help"....haha....I was like, "WHAT?! are you CEREAL?"...But there I was- on a sandy marsh, stuck in sand, with all of our belongings in the back of this truck. Meanwhile we were sinking about 9 inches into the soft sand. I started walking to the nearest truck that we passed about 10 minutes prior. A man with his two sons fishing. "Hey, sorry to bother y'all," I yelled over the swamp,"do y'all mind pulling us out? We seem to be stuck." This guy, I later found was named the same as my own father, Josh, was more than gracious and willing to help pull us out. I thought we were home free- I hopped in his four wheel drive F150 and we went to pull the truck out. Sure enough, we got Josh stuck too! Oh man, it was quite an adventure. I wound up walking around the island and turned a sand- duned corner to find these high school kids drinking cold beer and crabbing. They had this ridiculously huge monster truck look-alike. They pulled us out like the dentist pulling out a wisdom tooth!

All was well.

Either way, it's 10:45, we're about to watch the movie from the local "red box" called Religulous. We had our second great dinner we cooked in our awesome new kitchen. Our back yard backs up to the canal system that pours into the gulf. There's hurricane Alex coming. No big deal- just another excuse to drink cold beer.

Movie is on. More to come. Loving Texas. Can't get much better- oh yeah- I got a job at the local coffee shop. NBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What?